Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Protest Thingy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebecca1208
Admin
Rebecca1208

Protest Thingy Empty
PostSubject: Protest Thingy   Protest Thingy Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:15 am

Originally posted elsewhere. Any ideas, comments, opinions, anything are open.

Quote :
I'm writing this here so that we don't get the EuroClub involved (yet?).

I'm sure you all know about the ridiculous mess going on with UBD vs. Ploofs. Personally, I'm tired of it, seeing the amount of discussions and hearing so many stories and, above it all, seeing the MPN ruined.

Didzo's protest event was so successful, and as were the ones that later followed. I propose we do something similar, but rather than baiting out one group, try to make people realize that this is a game, that they're ruining in the experience for many people, that innocent creators are suffering too. If you guys don't want to do this, I completely understand - I don't really expect you to, but it's worth asking. The quicker things are stopped, the better. Technically the users are not breaking ToS or any rules, so Maxis can't ban them, and it's not related to the Sporum, so the SporeMasters can't do anything.

From what I've seen, there are currently 6-8 creations on the MPN just moaning and whining. There's also these pages which have discussed things; EAUK and Sporum threads.

I've also got discussions and arguments, if anyone is interested. I really, really think something needs to be done, to at least get a little control. And honestly, we have some very famous and respected users in this forum, especially our Moderator Team, and we could very well ask for help. A number of people also know I've got an idea, so they may assist too. If all goes wrong, I'll take the full blame.

Click the white tabs beneath to reveal the quotes, discussions and arguments.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://tgsforum.forumotion.com
Rebecca1208
Admin
Rebecca1208

Protest Thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Thingy   Protest Thingy Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:51 am

I just had another idea. Either make a stand, like as stated above, or simply downrate all of the other silly creations arguing, or both.

I'm very well aware that this is being hypocritical, and would be highly frowned upon, but it's to try and keep order. Get the drama away and make things return to how they once were. If we let it continue, it could just get worse, or end with creators leaving.

The creations flooding the MPN are also getting in the way for other creators who try to make the effort. I know that us creating protest things would get in the way, too, but that's just for 24 hours, or less if we delete them (or if they get downrated). These other creations have been hovering around for a couple of days now, and it looks like it wont end any time particularly soon. It would be great to see it all end soon...
Back to top Go down
Reyes1

Protest Thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Thingy   Protest Thingy Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Well I'm behind your idea to just for one day flood the mpn with "Stop this crap" creations. Like I've already said and showed to you, I've already got a creation waiting that seems appropriate.

And as for Skijarama's attack on Descardion, if he does he'll get whats coming to him. I've known Descardion well for a while, so I'm behind him. Also I agree with the comments, that FoobyDoo kid is jus being such an over exaggerating whiner. Sure Hydro did say things he should have, but nothing bad enough to report him or downrate him for
Back to top Go down
Rebecca1208
Admin
Rebecca1208

Protest Thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Thingy   Protest Thingy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:15 am

Having seen how everything is going, things aren't turning out well. I'm not gonna do the protest, however, I'm still gonna make a creation, and I know Zaroas made one too. Will support the two of you and anyone else who assists.

This really has gone far enough...
Back to top Go down
LordofDestiny
Regular Sporer

Protest Thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Thingy   Protest Thingy Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:10 am

Surprised This forum is still being used?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Protest Thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Thingy   Protest Thingy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protest Thingy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forum-
Jump to: